Full-Time *ROCKSTAR* Design Assistant
Kate Lester Interiors is seeking a strong creative DESIGN ASSISTANT with an interior design background to join our family! We are looking for a mature, self-starter with great people skills. The ideal person will have a combination of excellent customer service, time management and problem-solving skills. Your day-to-day interaction involves working with our office colleagues, as well as our clients, contractors and partners. Preferred but not required would be someone who is ready to werkwerkwerkwerkwerk, is a housewives enthusiast, has thick skin, and wants to help us slay design in the South Bay.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities
– Answer phone calls from clients and vendors, and channel the inquiries to the various departments as needed
– Assist with creating concept boards, tearsheets and other presentation materials
– Manage project binders/folders: physical and digital
– Maintain resource library, keeping bins neat and orderly
– Obtain pricing and formal quotes on product and textiles
– Enter quotes and orders in system, generate purchase orders and write checks to vendors.
– Tracking of orders and assisting Design Director in general project management.
– Creation of schedules and coordination of product specifications
– Entering of time billing and printing time invoices
– Errands as needed and other duties as needed on a project basis
– Work cohesively with the KLI team and assist day-to-day operations
Our Best Candidates Would Possess The Following
– 1-2 years in an interior design office or design showroom
– Experience using, Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator), MS Office Suites a MUST
– Experience using Sketchup (or 3D software), AutoCAD, Design Manager a PLUS, but not required.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Must have excellent time management skills, be organized, and be able to multi-task and perform under pressure.
– A good sense of humor is always a PLUS
– Has own car with a clean driving record
Where You Will Call Home Each Day
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Full-time, permanent, 40 hours per week
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
Hourly: $18- $20 per hour depending on experience
Other Pay: One week paid vacation after one year
Expenses: Company expenses will be reimbursed
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org